Monday, August 27, 2012

Geneva Wedding: A Note from the Groom


by John Fern
Hello Geneva Wedding World!
My name is John and I’m the groom in this giant event. Since this is my first post, I want to give a personal thanks to everyone that voted for us. I wish I could invite everyone to the wedding, but I don’t know many venues that hold 3,600 people. We were blown away by the response we received and can’t thank you enough!
But let’s move on to the topic of this post, the invitations. Normally you would think that the bride would be writing all of these posts, but invitations are in my ballpark since my career is in graphic and web design. Therefore, when it came to the invitation look, layout and style I had no problem taking the lead.
After meeting with Tina from Riverside Receptions we strolled over to Invitations by Design and met with Tara. She has a small shop right next to Riverside that puts out unbelievable and truly original work. When walking in, shelves of invitation samples surround you, which help to gather inspiration and showcase their work. I won’t go into tons of detail, but just know that whatever the invitation you’re looking for, they can do it with perfect execution. Tara is the owner and she is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Once we sat down, the three of us chatted for a couple hours going over different layouts, colors, designs and even fonts. Tara helped us narrow down a style we liked, showed us examples of previous work and then customized it to our liking. We really think that these invitations are going to “wow” people when they see it.  Think sophisticated, yet fun and inviting. They are the perfect entrance into our wedding day and I can’t wait to see the final layout. I am going to save the unveiling of the colors and design for Sarah, but I think everyone will look at these invitations and be excited for the wedding that is about to come.
Within a week or two, Tara should have a mock-up of our invitation completed. I don’t really have to mention that I’m a little excited… but I will anyway. I’m a little excited. Invitations by Design is extremely talented, so when they take the vision we had, and materialize it; I know it will be great! Please check back soon for the final design and color reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment